We are proceeding with Comms Unplugged 2021 based on the current Government roadmap for the easing of COVID-19 restrictions. This page will be updated if and when the guidance changes.
As an outdoor event, we are confident that the risks posed to delegates, suppliers and organisers are significantly reduced. Everyone’s safety is a priority and we will of course follow all Government guidance that applies at the time of our event, 9-11 September 2021.
As a caring community of unpluggers, we will expect everyone – organisers, delegates, suppliers, speakers, workshop leads and entertainers – to take personal and collective responsibility for keeping everyone safe and following the guidelines in place at the time.
To help you make a decision about whether to buy a ticket, we’ve listed below some of the measures we are likely to have in place, and will add any further measures as required:
COVID testing, vaccination and tracing
- All delegates will need to show proof of a recent negative COVID test (within 24 hours of their arrival at the event).
- Delegates who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 may also show evidence of this but this is not a requirement.
- All delegates will need to check in to our venue/event using a QR code to ensure tracing is possible in the event of a positive test for one of our delegates after the event.
- We will advise all delegates to take a COVID test on returning from the event and to report the result via the NHS COVID-19 app.
Infection prevention measures
- We will have anti-bacterial wipes available in all shared areas in our event field. All delegates will be asked to support and protect each other by wiping down surfaces they have touched.
- As well as the main site facilities we will have more portaloos in the field with enhanced cleaning. We are researching additional hand washing facilities on top of the foam dispensers in the portaloos.
- We advise you to bring your own hand gel in addition to what will be available in the field.
- The facilities at the main Burnbake campsite (including showers, loos, shop, café etc) will be available for delegates to use. The current T&Cs of the campsite, including COVID-19 restrictions, are shown on their website. These are subject to change in line with Government guidelines.
Social distancing and masks
- If Government guidelines allow, we will aim to run our event without requiring masks or social distancing. We will update this approach if necessary nearer the time based on the national guidance.
- If some delegates choose to wear a mask and/or maintain a distance we would ask everyone else to respect their decision.
- All our caterers will be following the relevant guidance at the time of the event.
If you are unable to attend
- If you are unable to attend due to a positive COVID test within 24 hours before the start of the event we will carry your ticket forward to the following year at no extra cost.
- If you are unable to attend for any other reason our usual returns and refund policy will apply.
- In the event that further COVID outbreaks or restrictions lead to Comms Unplugged 2021 being cancelled, all delegates will be offered a full refund or the chance to carry their ticket forward to the 2022 event.
Last updated 4 June 2021